1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akura Dvd Recorder 250gig Hard drive

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by gary_uk21, Aug 22, 2007.

1. gary_uk21

gary_uk21 Regular member

hi guys

brought this of the shopping channel working great, have a few questions....

1.i've connected this to my eurovox box through scart lead, is it possible to record one channel and watch another channel at the same time??

2. is it possible to back up my home made dvd's onto the dvd recorder hard drive??

3. i've been reading the manual and keep seein this Time Shift Buffer, not 100% sure what this is and how to use it??

any help would be great

thanx
    gary_uk21

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi garu_uk21, took the time to read the manual to see what options are available to you with this recorder.

some answers;

1- Cannot watch one program and watch another with the box, the box tuner cannot change while recording, but look at #4 answer.

2- This model will not allow you to upload directly from the drive to the HDD, some models do some don't, but you can connect a dvd player to your recorder and record your home-made dvds in real time, page 20.

3- Timeshifting, this is the fun part, when the recorder is turned on it will start recording the source that its set on, while watching your box through the Akura and if someone or something interups you, you can pause the live feed, up to 60 minutes, come back and press play to resume watching, pages 14 & 15.

4- Knowing that you can't watch a different channel while recording from the box, you can watch a pre-recorded file off the HDD, or a dvd for that matter, while it records another file on the HDD, somewhat of an adjustment in viewing habits. A bit of practice and using it becomes second nature
    , pages 32 & 33.

Hope this helps

Have fun

CC

3. gary_uk21

gary_uk21 Regular member

Thanx for the help mate, getting the hang of this buffer lol.