1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Advance XT installation help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by hockeyfrk, Nov 17, 2004.

1. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

The Aladdin Advance XT is different from the other Aladdin chips I've installed. Does somebody know how to install it or can someone send me some installation instructions? Thanks!

2. cuttt

cuttt Member

3. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

Thanks but those links didn't help me any. Those pictures are very vague. If someone can help me answer this question: This is the setup I'll need to do in order to install my Aladdin XT.

http://www.xenochip.com/manuals/xenochip_xt_lite_diagram_1_6.jpg

Now, I am very confused where some of these points go to. Can I just solder the chip to the LPC points, then to the standard L1, BT, and D0, or do I have to:

1. Solder all those points on the back of the Xbox as well (why? Is it because its a 1.6?)
    2. Worry about soldering R1 and HD and X(I know it says to bridge X with D0 point if it doesnt work)

Thanks Again.

4. cuttt

cuttt Member

yes, exactly, you have answered your own question. You solder the chip to the LPC points, including the L1,BT,D0 also you need to solder all those points on the back of the Xbox as well ONLY if you have a version 1.6. after the install, if the chip dont want to come on, you will need to bridge X with D0, but only if the chip wont come on.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  5. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

OK thanks.... But I'm reading other posts about installing Pin Headers with it, which I don't have, and about how this mode will be an "always on" mode or something. And people are doing crazy things like twisting the BT and L1 together and soldering them onto the chasis. Should I just ignore all that and do it the way you told me? Will this be an "always on" mode or will it be able to be disabled when I want to use why. Feel free to express your vocabulary this is my 6th chip I've installed.

-Also, what does it mean to "rebuild the LPC"? Is that just fancy for soldering the chip to it? and:
    Check out this diagram!!

http://www.antonjarl.com/Aladdin-Advance-XT.gif

6. cuttt

cuttt Member

If you dont have the pin headers, you can just solder with wires. no need to twist anything the chip will work fine and yes it can be deactivated to play live.
    Here is how the chip works after installation:

Modes:

Off - Tap the powerbutton and the Xbox starts as normal with the original BIOS.

On - Press and hold powerbutton for 1 second and the Aladdin XT is activated.

Writeprotect - Press and hold powerbutton for 2 seconds and the Aladdin XT is activated in flash write protect mode.

Visual Mode Indication: The power LED will indicate the current mode by different colors.

Off - Green (Normal) / Orange (HDD access)

On - Orange (Normal) / Green (HDD access)

Writeprotect - Continous flashing Orange/Green

7. cuttt

cuttt Member

rebuilding the LPC means doing the modification needed for the version 1.6 this modification will let the chip run on its modified bios and will allow the original bios to come on when chip is not active.

8. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

http://ca.geocities.com/aladdinadvance/BTandL1.html

This is a guide I found for it.
    Ok, I think my slow mind has caught on to it a little bit, now...

If I have a pin header, and use the other portion of the chip to attach to it, but the chip will work exactly the same if I just solder the LPC slots directly to the LPC on the MB, and connect all the wires when needed. from the chip to the MB, completely ignoring A,B,C,D...etc on the pin header part of the chip.

9. cuttt

cuttt Member

exactly right, solder away and good luck. Fairly easy install if you have installed 6 chips before.