1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Advance Xt

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by sszucsik, Nov 22, 2004.

1. sszucsik

sszucsik Guest

I just purchased the aladdin XT, I was wondering if there is a solder-less adapter? and detailed instructions on how to install this chip. My xbox version is 1.1 or 1.0. I really do not know where to start. The chip did not come with any wire and I am not sure what gauge wires to pick up. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. naktab

naktab Member

3. sszucsik

sszucsik Guest

not only do you need to connect the wires but you also need a solderless adapter as well, correct. I am debating whether or not to order the solderless adatper. also what gauge wire do I need, and do I need a heat sink to solder the wires to the board and chip
    ?

Thanks so much for your help
    Steve

4. sszucsik

sszucsik Guest

I Final installed the aladdin chip and when I boot, I get a amber color of about two second and then get the microsoft splash screen, I have checked all solder points and not sure what the problem could be any ideas?

5. jay22b

jay22b Member

fuss around . Just put it it and be done with it ...$18 dollars. big deal. 1.0 1.1, 2yrs old xbox. fair use.what do u want for nothing. any chip works on the old 1.0 or 1.1

6. jay22b

jay22b Member

lpc not soldered form one side throught to both sides. ever heard of solder braid or solder wick... if not go and find it in a store. desolder and dont touch till u feel game again.. double sided circuit boards are catching the novice...