1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Archive pausing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mlindal, Oct 6, 2004.

1. mlindal

mlindal Guest

Was archiving my copy of the rereleased disney movie Aladdin. Used decryptor to burn and saw the buffer having a real problem maintaining. Took about 10 minutes more than usual. I had re-authored to get it below 4.3 with out major compression. Was checking it out and noticed pausing. Using Ritek Go4 and my original was right out the box. Any suggestions?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi mlindal, welcome t5o aD,

My first suggestion would be to provide us with just a tiny bit of information about what you're doing, and with what are you doing it. Specs, proggys, settings -

Thanks,

Pete

3. mlindal

mlindal Guest

Darn I was hoping you all had already conquered it. Have already archived about 30 of my movies using shrink and decryptor(all good). This is the first Disney movie i have tried. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor, with 512mbram, 256mb NvidiaGeforceFX5200 video card,Atapi8xRW combo burner(firmware150d),lite-ondvd/rom and am using RitekGo4s. Settings wise I had Nero disabled, set disc size for 4.3 Re-authored with just movie and took off all the other languages. Came in under 4.3 so wasn't able to get the quality tabs.Saved to my HD ok. Went to burn at 4x .While burning noticed the buffer depleted a couple of different times and I am guessing that is where I am getting my pause. My gut response is that disney has some pretty nasty encryption on their movies and that I probably need to decrypt it first and then burn. Just not sure if it can be done that way or how to do it.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Way to go mlindal,

Outstanding !

Now that's what I call a post !

Can you teach everyone to ask questions like that ?

It would make our job a freaking BLAST :)

Yep, you're right, Disney does put a bite in their encryption.

I assume you're burning with DVD decrypter in the ISO "write" mode. There are times when I've had trouble doing that also and I don't know exactly why.

FYI, Iffin you have the movie backed up to your HD it already is de-crypted, there's no need to do anything else along those lines to it :)

I'd like you to drop your writting speed to 2.4X and try it again using a DVD RW until we get our answer.

Also, download CopyToDVD and try that if dropping your speed didn't work.

Here's the link - http://esales.element5.com/product.html?cart=1&productid=157972&languageid=1&affiliateid=70128

Let's see where we go from there -

Let me know what's happening, OK ?

Cheers,

Pete

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

A wicked post thur... seemed like I wuz lookin at answers not questions..? (as usual I've a bin drinkin)

Wull? gringle