1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Chip, Evox Problems, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by halomodr, Feb 9, 2005.

1. halomodr

halomodr Member

Ok, I'm pretty sure that this thread is in the right forum, but if it isn't, just tell me.

I have Aladdin Advance Plus mod chip (I think my box is 1.4..) and I'm assuming that it's installed correctly (hold power button, it goes orange, blue xbox logo...) but I'm trying to install Evox 2.6 on it, but on my cd-rw's (that I burned with Nero, following a ?FlashBIOS? guide [not sure if I was supposed to]) the xbox has the disc error. Do I need to 1.Burn the contents of the iso to the disc 2.Burn the iso to the disc 3.Change the name of the iso to get it to boot(it's evoxdash.iso) 4.Extract BIOS.BIN from the iso and burn it as a separate file from it 4.Something else... It would be nice if someone would be able to send me exactly what they burned for their evox disc. Oh, also, I'm not sure whether the box has a bios on it or not, and I'm not sure how to unlock a hard drive without using the cd (or whether I need to). I'm also confused a bit whether (and how) I need to Flash (?) the Bios. Also, I'm not sure if it's normal that when I 'm starting up the chip, the power button does not flicker at all, it just goes to solid orange, instead of going green orange red, or green flicker orange red... Thank you in advance, I'm sorry for like writing an essay, I'm just really frustrated.

P.S. - Would the blue screen come up had I not soldered right?

P.S.S. - There is no evox logo on the start up screen.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if the blue screen that comes up on bootup says Flashbios, you have installed the chip correctly...the next step is to flash the chip with a hacked bios...rename the bios you wish to use to bios...create a 100mb dummy file...burn the bios and dummy file to disc...then flash away

the hacked bios you choose must be extracted...once you have extracted it it should be a .bin file

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  3. halomodr

halomodr Member

My mod chip I believe was Pre-flashed with EvoX M8 Blue or something, but no EvoX Logo shows up at startup. Again, had I installed it incorrectly, would the blue screen logo come up anyway? It won't read any dashboard discs. It won't read any BIOS discs. Help!

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

what happens when you boot up the xbox?

5. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

If your talking about slayers evox auto installer 2.6... Im assuming your xbox already plays backups you just cant get evox to work...well if you are talking about the auto installer...when you downloaded it did you extract it with win rar (do this even if it looks unexecutable) also youll need to go to the official slayers web site to get the code (it should tell you the site when you try to extract)...once youve extracted it you should see an ISO file open that with nero (just like you do for xbox games) burn it to a disc....voila put that in your xbox and you should be able to get what to do from there.....if you dont have slayers evox auto installer 2.6 get it its alot easier and comes with everything its great....does all the work for you

6. halomodr

halomodr Member

Ok, well, I have already burned SlaYer's EvoX 2.6 iso on a Memorex 4x CD-RW. I have a Xbox 1.4 with a Thompson Drive (i think) and it comes up with the disc error. Is there a possibility that the flash thing on the modchip is busted? If so, is there any way to fix it? Once again, I'm sorry if this is supposed to be in hardware, forgive me. I have not tried backups, becuase I was under the impression that I had to have a dash running and set up ftp and then copy the game from there. There is no dash, I have no boot disc, I'm confused!

Sorry, I'm tired.

Continuing on, should it be normal that the led goes to a solid orange instead of going green orange red or green flicker orange red? Also, what dash/bios are you running on your box? Maybe you could like send me a link of whatever it is, and I could try that.

Would softmodding [bold]require[/bold] a pen drive or AR card?

It boots to the original dashboard and everything, plays normal games, and I'm not sure if it plays backups, for I have no backups to test it with.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  7. TerryKwok

TerryKwok Member

Hey, I also have this problem.I have the aladdin plus chip where you hold the button for three sec and it changes colors. When I hold it, a red X comes out just like the original green one. Then it goes to the normal xbox dash and I can play backup games. When I just press the switch, I'll just be able to play normal games and xbox live. Here's the problem, I want to install evox onto the hard drive. I can have access to softwares like evox, but i just need to know how i can do it. My xbox wouldn't reconise bios discs or dashboard disc, i don't know why. HELP HELP HELP!