1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aladdin ex install diagram

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by roycar71, Dec 16, 2006.

1. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

that isn't a point you can 'char' off, it's an intersection of two hair line traces on the MOBO, if you got the PCB so hot the trace lifted (and the silver solder pad is now gone) you'll have to repair the trace. not an overly easy task for us pro's so you might want to quiet while you're ahead and find a local modder to fix it and reinstall your chip before the whole thing is FUBAR. that is a very common problem when i get in boxes the owner tried to mod themselves and had difficulties.

if you think you're up for the task of repairing it, use 30 awg Kynar wire and solder it to the hair size traces that you melted the pad off of, a magnifier might help you.

kc

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  2. roycar71

roycar71 Member

I agree, I will let the perfessionals fix. currenly I am looking at sending it to Xbox-Modchips.com. Does anybody know if there good to fix attempted installs of failed modchips?

3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you should be able to search around or even post a new thread asking and get feedback on them.

kc

4. jordan333

jordan333 Guest

If your in the UK get it fixed here :

www.console-repairs.co.uk

there very good at fixing your problem, they also chip xbox`s so they good do yours,