1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladdin Live Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by JD755, Aug 17, 2004.

1. JD755

JD755 Member

I installed the Aladdin Live on my xbox and when I try to activate the modchip by holding it 3secs the xbox turns on and then turns off by itself then it turns on again into MS dashboard normally. But when I don't activate the modchip by quickly pressing the power button it starts up fine(as predicted). Then I try to activate the modchip in flash mode by pressing and holding the power button for 5sec the light in front of the xbox starts flashing and nothing appears on screen. The instruction says that in flash mode the cd tray will open but it didn't. I don't know whats the right behavior for the aladdin live chip.

I guess there is something wrong with the chip itself. Because took out the chip and turn on the xbox everything worked fine.

I try using the programmer but I couldn't it the damn thing working.

I need info of who got this working correctly.

2. Brice123

Brice123 Member

hey, my aladdin chip did the same thing. I think the chip needs to be flashed or something...but don't really know....I never got it to work any better than what you got going on...if you ever get it working, let me know how!

3. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

With the aladdin you tap the button to not activate the chip & start in the M$ Dash.

Hold the power button till the red light goes off (which is about a second or so) then you start up with the chip active.

Hold the power button for five seconds and you are starting the chip to unlocked the bios on your chip to be flashed. You don't want to flash the bios unless you cant start up on the EvoX dash that you have installed.

4. Hayabusa1

Hayabusa1 Member

Sounds sliek you didn't have the correct BIOS for the chip. XB motherboards that are not 1.6 should have a BIOS of x2*.bin file and 1.6 uses BIOS m8*.bin. You need a programmer to flash bios.

True: You press button, quickly let go, you will get regular BIOS. Press XB on button for at least 2 second, you will get MOD BIOS.

Ihave found out there is a special Aladdin Live chip that will work well with 1.6 boards.