1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcatel OT-808X

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by jack3145, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jack3145

jack3145 Guest

Hi

I recently reset this phone & then unblocked it. The network (Simyo - Spain) sent me the configuration installs and I thought that all was well.

However, I can connect to the internet, send and receive texts and SEND MMS's but I can't RECEIVE MMS's.

I don't know if the problem is that I haven't done the settings right or it is something else.

On the edit profile section of the MMS on the retrieve section it says:
    HOME Network "immediate", but on the Roaming network, (cos i get stuff from the UK), it only gives the options of "Delayed", "Reject" or "As home" and I don't know what to pick.

The other problem is that under the IP address it gives the option of HTTP or WAP. The problem is that the address is: 217.18.32.181:8080 and the software of the phone will only let me input numbers in blocks of 3 digits. It is set at 000.000.000.000 and it won't let you move the points. Consequently it changed the IP address to 217.018.032.181.

What can I do about this and IS this the reason for my MMS problem?

Thanks for any replies

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

go into the mobile section and click on any of the posts ended by me and look at the links and see if your fone is there

3. jack3145

jack3145 Guest

Hi

I'm sorry but I must be being thick cos I don't know where you mean. I went into the "Mobile" section and they were all headings. Can you be a bit more specific for me please?

Thanks

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

5. jack3145

jack3145 Guest

The situation has changed. I don't know why, but I have managed to receive and open an MMS from a mobile phone in Spain, (I live in Spain), but I cannot receive them from anyone in England.

Does this sound like a configuration issue or a settings issue?