1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120% caused CD-RW/DVD COMBO DRIVE to stop working!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by umermalik, Mar 25, 2004.

1. umermalik

umermalik Guest

Hi there,

Before installing Alcohol 120%, I was both playing and copying(using RecordNowDx software) without any problems. Once I installed Alcohol 120% I had problems with recording disks therefore I unstalled it. This uninstallation meant that I am no longer able to open any disks in the CD-RW/DVD COMBO DRIVE. Please note that the drive does appear in the My Computer menu of my WinXP however double clicking it when a working CD is put in shows that the CD is blank (have tried several different CD's).

I have tried to reinstall Alcohol 120%, and also deleted the drive and restarted to let windows redetect it, but still no luck.

Please can someone guide me as to how this issue can be resolved.

Thank You,
    Umer.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. techville

techville Member

I have also notice a change in the way may
    computer works after installing alcohol 120%
    I originally downloaded alcohol to backup my ps2 games.
    Alcohol 120% is a great product for ps2 backups. For me it has 100 percent success rate never a bad ps2 burn, but
    I also rip dvd's to vcd & svcd using dvd2avi and
    tmpgenc. All was good before I installed alcohol 120%
    After I installed alcohol most of the movies(dvd)
    i rip to mpeg 1 using tmpgenc have the audio and video out of sych by about 3 to 10 seconds.
    I think this is my problem because most of the time I
    have this problem ripping dvd's to vcd is after I have backup a ps2 game. SO I feel you pain with Alcohol 120%, but i can't bring myself to delete the application because it does a great job of backing up ps2 games. So for now I just have to reboot about
    6 to 7 times before my other applications on my pc
    return to normal. and what's up with the three disk
    drives in alcohol when I only have two.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I have every application that you both have and I use XP Pro with no problem. When I have a conflict involving anything to do with cds being detected or burning improperly, I always first unistall any packet writing software that is included with burning software packages such as Nero's InCd (keep nero). The net is choked with information about conflicts created by InCd and other packet writing software. If you aren't using Nero then you are probably using an equivalent by a competitor. If you have more than one packet writing software installed then you are asking for trouble. Could be a stretch but worth trying.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
    [/small]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  5. techville

techville Member

I guess you have a point
    I have at less 5 different cd/dvd burner
    applications on my computer alochol, nero ,roxio,
    easy cd creator & etc.
    I will read up on the (incd) files these applications
    use

thank you .

p.s. can you help me figure out where to pull the serial crack file for alcohol's 120% 1_4_8_1222 trail version because my registration has expired.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, no disccusion about piracy here. :)

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Techville, my copy of Alcohol 120% is fully licensed. If you enjoyed the trial version then buy it and then you can discuss it on line in good conscience.

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Now thats the spirit! :)