1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alcohol 120 pc dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by max_cain, Aug 11, 2004.

1. max_cain

max_cain Guest

if im trying to back up a cd, it gives me the option of choosing which protection the cd has, when i try and back up a dvd, it doesnt give me those options.

whats with that, and how can i set the protection mode for my pc dvd back up?

thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Are you trying to copy a DVD game or DVD Video? A120 won't decrypt DVD Videos.

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I'm kinda new at using A120 but when I go to burn my dvd it tells me there's not enough space on my blank dvd to hold the compilation. Does Alcohol have any type of compression settings to remedy this or is there a remedy to correct this problem. Maybe A120
    is not really the right software for burning dvds ?
    Thanks for your advice, strone

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Sorry I forgot to mention i'm using standard 4.7GB dvd-r media. strone

5. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Alcohol is not a dvd decrypter or compression tool, its just a very good burning engine which has the advantage of ignoring your hardware's information about speed and media type and uses its own specs. For instance I cannot copy dvds on-the-fly with Nero because its misunderstanding my LG's reading speed so I use Alcohol for DVD-5 discs and in combination with AnyDvd to copy protected DVD-5 disc. For compressing and decrypting just use Dvd Shrink just perfect!

6. max_cain

max_cain Guest

dvd game (pc dvd)

7. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Thanks for the easy explanation, I will remember this for future references. strone

8. max_cain

max_cain Guest

9. max_cain

max_cain Guest

bump again

10. Nephilim

Hi,

What game is it? We need to know what protection we're up against :)

11. max_cain

max_cain Guest

its 'v8 supercars 2' and the protection is 'starforce 3.3.35.02'

when i go to copy a game that is a cd, alcohol 120 gives me the option of changing the 'data type', you know the drop down menu where you select the copy protection.

when i go to copy a pc game that is on dvd (v8 supercars 2 in this case), the data type drop down menu isnt there, the only thing that is there is the option to 'skip reading errors', and thats it.

so why when i go to copy a pc dvd game, alcohol doesnt give the option of choosing which copy protection the disc has? how can i set the copy protection without the data type drop down menu?

thanks

12. Nephilim

13. max_cain

max_cain Guest

so have you tried to copy a pc dvd game?

if so, did alcohol 120 give you the option of choosing the copy protection from the datatype drop down menu, or was the menu not there, like in my case?

14. Nephilim

Hi,

I haven't had the chance to back up a DVD PC game yet. When Far Cry came out I checked all the local stores here and none of them had the DVD version.