1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by johnshaz, Apr 24, 2005.

1. johnshaz

johnshaz Member

I have just copied a pc game with alcohol 120% (which is on trial) It appears i can only start this game with alcohol 120%, what happens when my trial runs out do I have to buy alcohol 120% ???

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you used emulation to get the copy to run then yes you need to purchase Alcohol. It's a very useful app and well worth the money if your burner isn't able to make copies that don't require emulation :)

3. johnshaz

johnshaz Member

what is emulation & how do i know if i have used it

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Emulation is a way to help games run if the copy isn't good enough to pass the verification on its own when you try to run the game. You can check whether emulation is enabled by opening A120 then clicking "Emulation" under the Options on the left. There's a good chance RMPS will be checked.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  5. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

yes nephilim ive tried emulation on two games i own with no luck ive only used 120%a few times, there both safedisk 3.20 and 3.15 tried bwt. with no luck.is there another program you use with this ive tried a ray scanner to find the protection but not to back up safe disk. ive read somewhere here 120% along with another program to help with tough backups. if there is could you let me know how it works? r wat it is thanks.

6. camstuf

camstuf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005