1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alcohol120 interfering with external devices

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by VJbob, Dec 18, 2004.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I've noticed that once alcohol 120% is installed on my laptop it creates a virtual DVD drive (in my case Drive E:) that appears on "My Computer". Unfortunately for whatever reason this seems to interfere with my external DVD reader/writer and whenever I turn it on via USB 2.0 I get an immediate shutdown. This is weird because my external DVD drive is Drive G:. So whenever I use alcohol I have to install and uninstall once my tasks are done in order to get my external DVD device to function, be acknowledge by my computer and not cause immediate shutdown. Is there any way to get around this so I can keep the alcohol program installed on my computer and also use my external DVD device? Thanks.

2. manestle

manestle Member

I'm not sure what version you are using but I'm using v1.9.2 Build 1705. When I installed it I had the option during install if I would want a virtual drive and I chose no. In fact you can have many virtual drives set up by Alcohol 120%. Maybe you have an older version that doesn't have this option.Also when you're installing Alcohol make sure your external drive is plugged in and turned on.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

If you don't want any Virtual drives then select "Virtual drive" on the left hand side and when the second screen pops up you will see an option to put hwever many virtual drives you will need or want, just put that to 0 (zero) then select ok and you will no longer have a virtual drive.

If you still want virtual drives you can try daemon tools.

Any more problems just give a holler