1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

align screen problem

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by csip, Sep 10, 2005.

1. csip

csip Member

I have just bought a pocket pc windows 2003 (HP ipaq) i switched it on and it asked me to align the screen so i click on all the corner verry precise

and thats as far as i get

should i send it back or am i doing something wrong?

may i also add that ive spent over 40 mins clicking the cross hairs?

and the ppc is fully charged

that cant be right surely

2. ppcman

ppcman Guest

I think there might be a problem and you may have to return.
    You could always try a hard reset just before you return sometimes that fixes problems.

3. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Had the same problem with my Dell Axim X5 a couple of days ago.
    Try a soft reset and see if that fixes the problem.
    If it doesn't, try a hard reset. You may need to look up how to do that in your owner's manual. For the Dell, you hold in the power button while pressing the reset button, but it may be different for the Ipaq.

What ultimately fixed mine however, was:

1. Remove any screen protector from the screen.
    2. Take a business card and insert the corner of it between the screen and the casing (the same place the edge of a screen protector would go). Slide it all the way around the screen, pushing the coorner in as far as it will go.
    3. Repeat step 2 five times.

This will clean out any dust or debris that may have gotten caught up between your touch screen and the casing. I went through 3 business cards, but it finally fixed my problem. Hope it works for you!