1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All about .cnf and system files

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Cronolink, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Cronolink

Cronolink Member

I have a .cnf file which at one criteria needs a path for a .jpg.....is there a code that will alow me to insert multiple files and somehow randomize them...Thank you

2. varnull

varnull Guest

You can use an "include" statement and a path to a directory.. maybe with a randomizer subroutine also. Or more elegantly call what appears to be a random table, which is actually just a list. That speeds up the process.. I don't know if these files will allow variables/strings to be used. It's always risky calling a randomizer function from a boot file, prone to crashing and slow... can't remember how to increment the function return, and save it.. This is more in the realms of C++ than just simple file editing. I'm just assuming you are trying to make a "different every time" splash screen for a program? They aren't randomized for a reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/chipmunk/document/log/ref/ref2.html

You should be able to work it out from that ;)

3. Cronolink

Cronolink Member

thank you....your right about the different spash screen. Its just my ulaunnchelf(homebrew program for ps2)I want to costomize while learning something useful that i could probably apply to it