1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All DVD burning programs refuse to recognize my drive

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Raybosix, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Raybosix

Raybosix Member

I sure hope you all can help me out, this problem has me stumped.

I purchased a BUSlink internal 4X DVD+-RW+-R drive for use in a new computer I built. Everything in the system works great, with the exception of using the DVD writer to write. It plays DVDs without a problem, but none of the software packages I'm using (Nero, Roxio, Pinnacle Studio) appear to be able to recognize the drive as a writer. They recognize the CD writer that I have in the system and are able to use it for writing VCDs, but no matter what I do I can't get them to realize that I have a DVD writer installed.

Any suggestions on how I can get the BUSlink DVD writer to work? Thanks.

2. djspacey

djspacey Member

update your writing programs of net

3. ScooterTN

ScooterTN Member

djspacey,

I'm having a similar problem - I'm not sure what you mean by "update your writing programs of net"

4. happynow

happynow Guest

Hi 2 things to try. First go to device manager in control panel\system remove the secondary or primary Ide channel whichever your dvd burner is on.
    Reboot your system. It should now be recognised.
    If this fails open regedit and go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002]
    if on secondary channel. or
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001]
    if using primary channel.
    Delete the entries
    MasteridDataCheckSum and
    SlaveidDataCheckSum
    in either or both it won't hurt

then reboot your pc.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2004