1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want is the Main Movie, how do I do it?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MikeyT, Dec 18, 2004.

1. MikeyT

MikeyT Member

Okay so I'm trying to just burn only the main movie using "Shrink", I don't want any of the other movie junk (i.e extras or menus). If I only wanted the main movie would I put "Extras" and "Menus" on no compression? All I want is to put the DVD in and watch the movie, if I don't even have to press play thats fine with me. Wouldn't cutting out the extras and menus make the DVD a better quality AND burn faster?

2. MikeyT

MikeyT Member

I was also wondering if changing the sound option would affect surround sound (or any audio) on the DVD. If so, which ones should I look out for.

3. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

Use Re-author in DVD Shrink. Drag the main movie to the left window, recode and burn. Very simple.

4. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

The sound will not be effected.

5. MikeyT

MikeyT Member

Hey thanks!

While you're answering questions:

Can DVD Shrink Backup and Burn X-Box and PS2 games?
    If so, is it the same process?

6. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I don't feel confident in answering that question since I've never done it myself. Sorry.

7. colw

colw Active member

DVD Shrink does not burn - it uses a third party program such as DVD Decrypter or Nero as its burning engine.

Also in the reauthor mode you can use the compression button to explore your sound and sub-picture options and remove unneseccary extras - just make sure that you have at least one sound option (normally AC3) ticked.