1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want to do is copy my DVD movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bjack04, Nov 1, 2004.

1. bjack04

bjack04 Member

It has probably been addressed somewhere here before but am unable to find exactly what I need to do from 1 post.
    Have P4 3.0G with 1G ram and have just purchased Lite0n SOHW-812S as was told it would burn DVD's. The software that came with the unit (My Sonic V4) does not appear to make direct copies of DVD movies. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need to do/use and/or where to get it.
    Any suggestions much appreciated by newbie.

2. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Hellloooo! You've come to the right place...I started not too long ago and now I'm burning like crazy. I don't have time to write out alot of instructions, but I'm sure you'll get lots of replies. Here's a start though.

All you need are 2 programs (or 3)...DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and Nero (but you can burn with just the first 2).

Click on the Guides tab at the top of the page for some instructions. Also, check out Scuba Pete's guide to burning. It's basically in every thread out there! I'd give you some links, but I'm on a friend's computher right now. If no one has helped you by tonite I'll try, but like I said...99% of people here will help you. Good luck!

3. bjack04

bjack04 Member

thanks your suggetions Newfree. Will get started with the 2 downloads and by then maybe some others will have piled some info on to me.
    Your info much appreciated.

4. bjack04

bjack04 Member

Apologies Newfee. Got your handle wrong there.

5. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

6. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Also, you might want to check out these two links...first of all you need good media so check out this site first...everyone here recommends Ritek G04's...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

You can check to see your DVD media code with DVDInfoPro and I think there are other programs you can use to check.

Then you should also check to see your standalone's compatibility with different media, eg, DVD-R/DVD+R so check this site out...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=72&Search=Search&orderby=Name

Again, sorry for not being that straightforward, but I hope I am some help to you! Good luck!

7. Rairden

Rairden Member

First post for me. A question.

Which one burns; crypter or shrink?
    How much better is Nero at writing the data; I assume it's better because everyone seems to use it. And I read version 5.5.8.0 is a good one---which one should I get?

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

DVD Decrypter will burn an ISO image file only. As far as Nero goes, I don't use it, but version 6 and above seem to be popular around here. I think alot of people take advantage of the ability to download a new 30 day trial every month and that it can burn files. DVD Shrink can recognize DVD Decrypter and Nero and utilizes either of those programs to auto burn for you. You just need to pick which one.

9. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

I used to use Decrypter, but then I got a copy of Nero and have been using that ever since. All my burns with Decrypter are still working fine. Not sure why most people use Nero...there are alot of things Nero can do and that's why I use it...burns CD, DVD, checks your burns...a good program for years to come.

If you want a totally "free" way to burn DVD's, then Decrypter and Shrink are the way to go.

10. askyew

askyew Regular member

On a side note bjack, look around at the post that contain dvd quaility or deep analysis or how much compression. All these subjects will help you to improve your finished product quality. Do a search and read up, you will be a pro in no time then you can help other people here.