1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want to do is watch my satellite TV on whichever screen I want!!!!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by hyperasus, Feb 28, 2005.

1. hyperasus

hyperasus Member

All I use my capture card for is to watch my DishNetork Satellite on my computer screens. I have an NVIDIA graphics card with vivo but it looks horrible. So I bought a leadtek WinFast VC100 Capture card and it doesn’t look much better, but at least it works on any of my three monitors instead of just the primary monitor; and the Leadtek software is great. I admit the VC100 is the cheapest capture card leadtek makes. So what do I need to buy to have a great picture that will work on any screen on a multi screen setup? Would buying a more expensive Leadtek card look better for just watching satellite threw the S-Video?

2. Hunter69

Hunter69 Member

I have a pixelview version. Svideo is nice and acceptable (no interference). Coax is just plain unacceptable. To put it more simple, you will be happy using a svideo input. I did the same but with a directtv receiver.

3. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I agree with hunter. Im using FX5900 VIVO Svideo from satalite to PC looks great. Any other inputs like composite or coax looks terrible without getting to technicale there is a reason for that(Scan rate ect.ect. General rule Run Svideo Which is a compressed signal or RGB some call it HDTV or progressive scan.

Good Luck

Spacedust..