1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all -in-one multimedia tools

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by stibi, Jul 25, 2007.

1. stibi

stibi Regular member

I was considering purchase of Blaze Media Pro because it seems to be an all in one multimedia tool (allegedly capable, among others, to convert wma files without checking whether the wma file is licensed or not). However,I read somewhere in the web, that if, for any reason, an owner of that program (namely, Blaze Media Pro)formates his hard disk, he cannot install again his Blaze Media Pro, but he must buy a new one. Does somebody know whether this is really so ? And, anyway, can somebody recommend a similar program ?

Thanks in advance
    stibi

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

According to their site it is only capable of recording DRM'ed WMA files as they play in WMP. You could use free software for that or better yet since you would need the license to play them you could use FairUse4WM to just strip the DRM and have regular WMV files that you can do whatever with.

http://www.blazemp.com/convert_drm_protected_wma.htm

3. stibi

stibi Regular member

Hi Celtic_d

Thanks a lot for your prompt response, especially for your "tip" about FairUse4WM.
    Still, apart from the problem of converting WMA files, I would like to know what's your opinion about Blaze Media Pro and whether you can recommend another similar program.

Thanks in advance
    stibi