1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All modding knowledge wanted.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by novicebb, May 3, 2005.

1. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

ok I know I should just be patient and sit at my computer and do a search for everything I want to know. I know I will be blasted but there are some very helpful and patient guys on this board so I know that I will be assisted.

Ok what I am looking for is what are the best softmodding software, hardware modding chips for the Xbox? Should I get specific softmodding or modding chips for Xbox's models?
    What are some of the best sites that have detailed pictures and descriptions on how to install both a softmodded software and a modchip(solder and non-solder versions).Best sites to that have detailed pictures and descriptions on how to install a larger harddrive?

I know nothing about emulators and emulated games. Some one educate the uneducated please. I want to get the most out my Xbox before the Xbox 360 is released.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

www.xbox-scene.com read through the tutorial section...there is lots of valuble information there for softmod stuff...you will not find softmod stuff for sale...you must find it elsewhere(cough cough #xbins).

if you go the modchip route, the x3 and xenium are the best 2 chips...xenium can be solderless for all versions of xbox...x3 is solderless for 1.0-1.5...make sure you know what version xbox you have before you choose a solderless chip...not all chips can be solderless on a 1.6 xbox...or the best way would be to just have the chip soldered in.

3. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

Thanks a lot bro for your help on assisting me. Great assistance on your part and I get the "cough cough" part as well. So can the softmod be install on any version of Xbox? Also where can I learn the difference between different versions of Xbox's(example: differenc between 1.0 and 1.6). So are you saying that the Xbox version 1.6 can only be modded with a modchip if you solder it? Also a good site to learn how to install a hard drive and learn as much about emulators and other useful information would be greatly appreciated.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

www.xbox-scene.com

read the tutorials section...all your questions can be answered there.