1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my AVI to DVD convertors make my computer crash (Help)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, Apr 26, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well, it's like the title says. Nero vision either exits out of the program as soon as I start trying to encode, or my computer will freeze miday way through. DivxtoDVD crashes my computer somewhere around 25 to 35 minutes--same deal with DIKO. Keep in mind that I tried Multiple AVIs (they can't all be corrupted) and have not had any luck. Please let me know what you think the problem(s) may be

2. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

Could be your computer set up. Fast processor? Plenty of memory? Try reinstalling the programs and don't do anything else while it's running converting.

3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    as Fiji5555 says, converting takes 100% of your cpu resources so no multi tasking at all.
    it could also be a overheating problem, maybe the dust bunnies have grabbed hold. give the inside a good clean up. including the back of the fans and the fins of the heat sink

4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Sigh....I was afraid that might be the problem. I've got a feeling I'm gonna need a mask on when I open my computer and a shower after I'm done cleaning it up. Well, when I get the time tomorrow I'll clean it out and post if I have any luck with my converters.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

You can try this program called WinAvi

6. Bubba4u

Bubba4u Guest

Try reducing your video acceleration in windows.

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Alright, I got convertxtoDVD to work fully--but I'm not sure if it was just dumb luck. Here's what I did.

1. Turned off screen saver and energy saver (not sure if this has any affect, please let me know)

2. Reduced video acceleration all the way (is all the way necessary?)

3. Changed the priority on convertX to below normal (again, just experimenting so let me know if this did anything)

Let me know what I should tweak and leave alone from these things and thanks for all the advice so far.