1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All My dvd-r's Turn Into Coasters, Please Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by simzy, Jul 15, 2002.

1. simzy

simzy Member

Hi There,

Ill Make this Short and Sweet.....

I Am Using My Imac 800Mhz G4 With The Super Drive...

I Have Riped The Dvd To My Hdd Using the One and Only Dvd Backup, And This Part Works Great, It Creats the video_ts and It Plays Great Off My Hdd......

My Problem Is With The burning, I Have Been Using Toast 5 Titanium But Have Not Made A Sucsessfull backup as of yet, The dvd seems to Have the same files On the dvd-r as it did on my Hdd, It detects That It Is A Dvd, But Wont Play, Nothing, and In My stand alone It Says Dvd, and Looks Like Loading up then, "CHECK DISK"...

Im So tired Of Going thought dvd-r's Like the were cd-r's, May Somone Please Help Me,

Kind regards

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

They are like CDRs -- they don't work with DVD players either without luck and black magic ;-)

Nah, but seriously, just like with CDRs when used for VCDs, your main thing is to try various DVD-R brands. Unfortunately, more expensive, better chances there are that the disc works.

3. simzy

simzy Member

Hi there, thanks for your reply,

Unfortuntly Im Very Supportive Of these Disk's As they Are the Only Disk's Warrented By Apple and Cost about $10 A Disk, I Have A Feeling Its Somthing to do With the Way Im burning them as Once riped To My Hdd they Work Great Off My drive... and My Friends all use thes disk's And they Have No Problem With them....

Can anyone Tell me what the dvd Player first Looks At when u put the Disk In... The Files on My burnt dvd(coaster ) Is

VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_04_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_03_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_04_0.BUP
    VTS_03_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_04_0.VOB
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_03_0.VOB

Can Any one See Anyhing Wrong Hear????

I Really Would Love To Get Some Feedback....

cheers

4. joshua

joshua Member

did you make a root file called VIDEO_TS ?
    did you "get VTS sectors" ?
    did you try adding an AUDIO_TS file to the root directory ?

5. simzy

simzy Member

Yep, All The files Are In A Directory Called VIDEO_TS I didnt Put A Dir called Audio_ts As the dvd didnt Have One, do I Need to Put One there???

What Is The "Get Vts Sectors???"

the Process I Went through Was
    (Im Using a New Imac Flatpannal 800Mhz g4 1gig Ram)

Im Only Doing dvd-5's To Start With

I Riped the dvd To My Hard Dirve Using dvd Backup Taking Of CCS And Selecting Regon Free and Turned Off Macro Vis,

It did Its thing and then I Had A VIDEO_TS Dir On My HDD Which Play'd Great Off My Hdd Menu's And All

I then Went Into My burning Program Toast 5 And Selected DVD And Draged the Video_ts Folder Over And Away It went.....

Burnt Fine And Verifyed fine too(Not sure if verifying is nessesary ? )

When I tryed To Play it in my Imac I wont Play It Recognizes the dvd and u can open the folder and all the files are there but it just wont play, nor in my tv dvd player,

I Really Hope Somone can Help My Sorry ass.... :)

thank you All for helping...

Look4ward o Your reply(s)

6. CatfishJ

CatfishJ Guest

Hi,

One valuable thing I learned is to burn your DVD to an image first. Then, just open this image in a DVD player program and see if it works. If it works as you wish, proceed on to the burning.

7. Snowface

Snowface Member

Hey Simzy,

I don't have any exerience with DVD burning on a Mac, but the procedure should remain the same.
    I had the same problem in the beginning, but I found the solution www.doom9.org
    When you rip your movie to hdd, make sure you also rip all vts_1_*.* (if it's not the movie) and all video_ts.*. But to make it simpeler just backup the entire dvd.
    Then use IfoEdit to strip everything you don't wanna have. When finished load the new movie ifo in IfoEdit and press Get VTS Sectors. Here is the main info of vts-files stored, but it had changed since you ripped the movie. With these new vts-sectors your movie should be just fine.
    Now your movie will play just fine on your pc. To burn the movie I use Prassi PrimoDVD, because it works better than Nero on my system, but many have good experiences with Nero. Just try them both. For help, go here http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/index.html

Good luck.