1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALL NTHELL CHANNELS & FREQUENCIES (IRELAND)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Jul 27, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

2. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

Thanks Scouser.

I have the latest firmware and it is picking up about 15 channels no problem. I want to manually enter the frequencies for each channel to pick up the 100 or so that I am missing. any help as to how I do this.
    I did a auto scan to pick up the 15 I have.

Thanks in advance

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you turned your key emu on. Press menu, type 1570 on remote and check. Have you got a live digital feed I presume you are in Ireland are you on N**.

4. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

I have a live digital feed and yes have n**.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is it a Starview or the box, press menu and system info and post what it says

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  6. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

Hi Scouser,
    An update. I brought the starview box over to my mates and did an auto scan. It picked up all of the channels - 139 or something like this.
    I then brought back the box to my apartment and plugged it in and the channels are coming up as no signal. The apartment uses MMDS as far as I know. There is some sort of an aeriel on the roof of the apartments and all of the apartments feed off this. It is digital.
    The strange thing is that I can pick up 12 channels including NASN and some MTV channels etc from the partment but not the other 115 or so.
    I presume that because of the way the building is set up, the signal strenght is being split up so much hence I cant get the rest of the channels. The signal is too weak.
    Is there anything i can do. Is there any way i can boost the signal or am I stuck paying N** the €100 a month for cr*p service.

Thanks again for all your help.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No it looks like you have a communal analogue feed and the box will not work and yes it is a crap service that you are paying way over the odds for.

8. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

the feed is defo not analog though. I can pick 12 digital stations through the starview and with the N** pace box it is a digital service(the one i pay for). is there any reason why 12 stations are coming through and not the rest. Is there any free dish that I can put up or anything at all that I can do. I really don't want to keep paying....!!!!

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK but as it is communal it may go through a multiplexer. Tell me the pace box you have how many stations can you pick up on that and what package have you subscribed to.

10. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

the pace product is DC221KN. I can't say how many channels it can pick up but i am subscibed to setanta and sky sports packages and also entertainment packages. I would say i pick up 50 channels but it will only show the 30 or that i have paid for. sorry for the vagueness. in work so not in front of tv. cheers.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem,its the small silver decoder. Have you taken this out and plugged the starview in its place directly into the incoming feed?

12. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

yes plugged directly into incoming lead. should i be splitting it?? would this make any difference?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No as these will decrease the signal strenght as I said you are on a communal system this is making it hard for me to decide how to go about this. Are you sure its N** MMDS?

14. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

well put it this way. there is no n** analog available in my area because there is no service running in the ground. The service is provided through something on the roof of the apartments. I remember the technician saying it is mmds. well some acronym like this. i don't want to ring then with fear of arousing suspision!!!

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK if it is N** MMDS try these frequencies

Using Symbol Rate 6887

If it is Ch**** there are totally different frequencies.

16. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

SCOUSER - It seems that I have got it working. Searched the frequencies manually below and picked everything up. I presume that the booster from the other forum will improve quality overall?

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It will if you are having problems leave it if you are having none.

18. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

Hi Scouser, I have picked up about 80 channels or so. I will have to find the rest. The channels are coming though on different frequencies than the original ones on this post. For example BBC Three / MTV / MTV Dance / VH1 / The Music Factory / CBBC / Nickelodeon / MGM Movies / NASN and bbc news 24 are all coming through on 370250 rather than 363500. Is there areason for this?

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you look at my original frequency list on page 1 of this thread these are for true cable and the frequency and channels you have quoted match these so it looks like true cable feed and not MMDS.

20. hugins

hugins Member

hi sc0user,
    Do you have a list of all the N** frequencies and channels for mmds Dublin. I just want to verify that I have everything I should have.

tks,
    h