1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all questions related mkv files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by vicky5, Apr 24, 2013.

1. vicky5

vicky5 Member

question is related to audio addition and adjusting volume

2. attar

attar Senior member

What do you want to do.

3. vicky5

vicky5 Member

i m having 2 movies in mkv files one has english audio another has hindi audio i want to extract hindi audio and add it to another one without making any changes in audio codings. i m having mkvtoolnix; mkvGUI merger; ffshow software

4. attar

attar Senior member

Using MkvMerge.
    Add both video clips to the top pane.
    In the lower pane select the video and audio that you want to keep then 'Stat Muxing'.

[​IMG]

5. vicky5

vicky5 Member

as i hv mkv files movies their are some movies having differences in their audio video while playing. i mean that some of the videos whn played its audio sound comes later after video in some section. wht to do for tht ?? How will i schnchronize audio and video ?
    will audacity software be of any use ??

6. attar

attar Senior member

There isn't a simple solution.
    If the audio problem starts at a particular point in time and stays out of sync by the same amount to the end, you can perhaps open the video in an editor and save the two parts to separate files.
    You would then adjust the sync in the bad part;re-save it, then join the good first part with the new second part.

A method of finding out the amount of async is to playback the video using VLC.
    When the sync problem begins to appear,note the time and use the keyboard "j" and "k" keys to adjust the audio + or - back into sync (and note the value).
    If the video continues to play in sync to the end, then it may be a simple matter of splitting the video, adjusting the sync by the amount you noted, saving it and joining the two parts.

Last edited: May 3, 2013