1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost hate to ask this one....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Plazz, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Plazz

Plazz Member

Ok, like a good lil newb I've spent the past week or so reading guides/forum posts. I've read the best media to buy and again like a good lil newb have riteks coming from Newegg. I have Nero and have even dl DVD Shrink and Decrypter. My problem is that everything I burn seems to work fine in PC while very little of it can play in my standalones.

What do I need to be converting files to that makes them playable in a standalone??? There are guides that show me how to change this to that, but what file type am I shooting for here to burn?

Thanks!

2. Plazz

Plazz Member

PS Been using both dvd-r and +r. Brand new and have been experimenting like crazy.

3. Plazz

Plazz Member

PSS

Waiting for recommended media to arrive from Newegg, so far have been using my "free gift" DVD-Rs that came with burner that I got from Newegg and has their logo on the disc. Also samples that Liteon included with the burner.

4. Deeman

Deeman Guest

The media could very well be your problem. I suggest trying the new media first then post again if it doesn't correct your problem. Also, if you have some stand alones over 4 or 5 yrs old it could also be a problem with format reading.

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

pc dvd packages are usually a lot less picky than standalone dvd players

my sony one refuess to play some disks that work fine on my m8s machines...

any my sony ps2 is REALLY picky

6. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea Memorex dvd-r 4x plays very well in my standalones. Sometimes it's good to check your standalones manuals to see what formats they will play
    When I purchase a dvd player I try to buy the multi format players only, that way you illiminate compatibility issues. strone

7. michigan

michigan Guest

I can't think of a time when anyone has had a problem with Ritecks beign compatible. It's probably your freebie media. Wait for your good stuff to come in and try again I think your problem will be solved. If not be sure to come back and ask fro some help.

BTW Nice job on doing the "good noob" things you will go far.

Welcome

8. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Memorex DVD+R 4x work fine in my PS2 and my Goldstar DVD player that I bought 4 years ago which I thought wasn't DVD+R compatible.