1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alps pointing-device driver memory usage??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by HRJustin, Oct 1, 2007.

1. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

well i got my new thinkpad R61 and ive gotten rid of everything i could at startup but it still seems like i have alot of processes running. i added a two gig stick right after i got the computer and that did seem to help quite a bit.

the main thing im posting the thread for is because for some reason after the computer has been up and running for a while the Apoint.exe in the taskmanager keeps eating memory. ive seen it get up to 100k but when it first starts its only like 2k and it just keeps expanding from there. ive tried to end the process and the trackpad still works but i cant scroll on the edge.

i am just wondering if this is a normal thing or whats going on. ive searched google for other issues with this process but i havnt found anything. i just dont know why it uses so much memory after the computer has been running for a while. if i take it anywhere i use hibernation so i dont have constantly shut down and restart windows.

i really appreciate anyones comments or if they have the same process using so much memory.

2. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but im not really sure where to post it at. it really bothers me after a while my memory keeps getting used up. i would really rather just use hibernation rather then shutting down and restarting all of the time.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I know it's obvious, but have you reinstalled the program? Do you actually need it? (I'll assume yes)