1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternative to a sub = vibrator

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jetyi83, Jul 25, 2004.

1. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

i dont have a sub, but instead i got this couch vibrator/shaker.

it takes the sub line and vibrates with the bass.. and it sits underneath your couch leg. Its pretty awesome, really expensive but fun and better than a sub in my opinion.

it makes movies more fun at least.. if you are the type of person who turns up your surround sound, and makes sure its dark and quiet so you can concentrate on the movie. then this is key. i got the one from crowson tech. but there are a few out there.. this one is supposedly the best.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Pioneer had their 'BodySonic Chair'.
    It was perfect for condo or apartment dwellers. Once you got out of it, the audio was very quiet and low in bass. But, when you were seated in it, OH MAN! The bass was serious, major-league rock concert stuff.
    You could feel your spleen and your liver throbbing with the bass, just like a live performance.
    I was a Pioneer technical sales rep, and had to (patiently) explain to every single person that got out of it, to put their money back in their pocket, that the chairs were NOT available for sale in Canada.
    Too bad; they could've sold many boatloads of 'em...
    (Stupid Corporation)
    Regards

3. shell1960

shell1960 Member

Interesting - we have actually got a Pioneer bodysonic chair, my hubby bought it back from Japan a few years ago. It is incredible - fantastic if you have a game machine like PS2 and link it up....Also good for watching movies. We do have full cinema sound system with Mission Speakers - but if you don't want to disturb the neighbours but like to experience the movie in full it is brilliant!

Sadly we have to put the chair for sale on eBay soon, as we are about to go 'fulltiming' in our motorhome - anyone got any idea what the value of a bodysonic chair might be?

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

5. tls1

tls1 Guest

6. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

check them out at this page too..

these are pretty new tactile transducers, but these are the ones i was first talking about in the post.
    http://www.crowsontech.com/

im really pleased with them so far, ive had them almost a year now
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]custom p4 2.4 ghz, 768 DDR, Plextor px708a, 80 gb hd, 5.1 dts. Few years old but works fine for now.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004