1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternatives to Alienware

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Achilles3, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Anyone know of some good websites that will allow me to custom build my own PC. I went to alienware.com and it is expensive. I have try buyxg.com as well and it's still a little much. I would like the sites to have drop-down menus with previews on the sides if you can. Any help is appreicated.

2. limelight

limelight Regular member

ebay is a great place, as long as your careful who to buy from and know what youre buying. I found a seller and bought 400 bones worth of stuff from him like a cpu, graphic card, mobo, 2 years ago, and i still use that same stuff today.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Thanks for the advice but I'm not too good with PC stuff, so I'm not sure what is compatible with what. If you could find websites like alienware and buygx that will help me out a lot. The drop-down menu options will let me know what is the best option and things like that. Thanks.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Newegg.com

best, cheapest, fastest, and reliable :)

5. limelight

limelight Regular member

if youre "not good with pc stuff", i suggest you learn about what does what first before judging the best equipment is by its price. remember, what you pay top dollar for the best stuff out there now will drop in half in a year. just learn about the setup first before you spend money on something that you have no idea what it does or how it works.

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

limelight: thank you for pointing that out, I have always thought the top-dollar products mean quality, it's obviously not true now that you mentioned it. Thanks for all the help/advice people, I really appreciate it.