1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to DVD-Rebuilder?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Apr 20, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all.

I am so god damn sick and tired of me coming downstairs in the morning after setting up a large batch in DVD-Rebuilder, only to see some stupid Buffer Overflow error on my first movie, which held up my entire batch overnight.

Nothing got done, and I am so sick and god damn tired of this program.

Is there ANY other programs that use CCE besides DVD-Rebuilder? This program does nothing but choke on me whenever I blank scenes, and I've had enough of this crappy program.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

DVD2SVCD will do all sorts with CCE but it will take a long time to get to grips with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe quicker to look into the fault of rebuilder?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  4. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Harsh words.

I'd suggest you wait until it is out of beta testing... since the purpose of beta testing is to find errors and you are obviously not in the mood to test it.

What exactly are you trying to encode, and what process are you going through to encode it?

Look around. You'll find that DVD-RB is the only program that does what it does. Almost all of the others are within-the-compressed-domain transcoders, which will show a significant quality drop. DVD2SVCD will make a movie-only DVD but I believe you'll have to get your hands on some pretty expensive authoring software to do it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

@clickclak

By the way... what are you using to blank the scenes?

[Edit] WAIT A MINUTE!!! Now that I remember I already know from another thread. You are using a third party package (VOBBlanker) to rip out pieces of the original before you run it through DVD Rebuilder...

So... if I have my facts straight -- you grab another tool, butcher the source up in some unknown way, making it unusable for DVD-RB and then have the unmitigated gall to post here using profanity and saying DVD-RB "chokes" on it.

I think I'm done talking to you. Your problem is a self inflicted wound... People like you crack me up... nothing could possibly be your fault, could it????

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Don't hold back jdobbs ;)