1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always the same

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by junkster, Nov 22, 2002.

1. junkster

junkster Guest

I have read this forum for many months and always is the same answere to the "What is the best brand of CDR blanks to buy?" question ..."Brand is not important, the manufacturer determines quality."
    While this is good information to have, it does no good while standing in front of a display of CDRs at your local BestBuy, Wal-Mart, Office Max, or whatever.
    Just how is a person supposed to know what a good reliable brand of CDR blanks to buy if they have no prior knowledge or experience using any of the brands?

I know I know, I have read the FAQs and understand that brand name is not important, and like I said that is good information. But without first buying a spindle and then getting the ATIP to only find out that you bought a spindle from one of the lesser reputable manufacturers, what then?

As I understand it, there is no way of knowing what manufacturer the brand you are buying uses just by simply looking at the discs/packaging? So please do tell, how in the world are you supposed to know what you are getting without first making the purchase?

For once I would just like to see a list of reliable BRANDS. Something I can use to make some sort of sound purchasing decision. Most of the discs I need to burn are just going to be for transfers and such but I would also like to archive some photos and videos maybe some music.

Is this request possible without the standard, “well brand is not important you need to look at the manufacturer code in the ATIP” response?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

This forum has a bunch of BRAND threads, which contain the brands, product names and the ATIPs. The idea of those ATIPs is to help you shopping. Try a search for "TDK" and you find a lot of info.

BUT, we could make a summary of some sort, but I think I am going to open a new thread for it and make it sticky. Good idea.

3. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

yeah i think it would be a good idea also m8.

I was told ritek make traxdata & datasafe dvdr media......maybe they make those cdr also.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member