1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am having a hard time relocking an accidently unlocked modded xbox hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by blkrose66, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkrose66

blkrose66 Member

ok so i am hoping i am posting this in the right place, so i am having alot of trouble with my xbox original, here is how this goes i baught one from a guy that was already modded and had evx on it. i am not sure the version. anyway it had all the usual toys in it and ect. i was exploring it for a few months and found a lock unlock tool. i unlocked the hard drive and then forgot i had done it about a few hours later i accidently shut off the xbox. tried to turn it back on and bam (you guessed it) error 5. so i tried to make a new evx slayer disc and still have all the correct files. i have burned it on every format and still ti wont boot. i have tried to ftp to the xbox and may have forgotten my ip address for it. so in short i cant get to the harddrive and i cant make a brand new setup. i would like to recover from this mistake without losing my data on the hardrive. if you can please give me some advice that can be helpfull to get me out of this rut. thanks in advanced

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

eeprom reader.. or buy a chip .. no other way.

3. blkrose66

blkrose66 Member

ok i am not sure what a eeprom reader is but i have a evox chip installed. i just cant get the instalation discs to read all i need to do so they say is, get the evox slayer disc to read and then relock the drive. but i am having great problems doing this. i cant remeber my addres that i set up on my xbox. and i am not one hundred percent sure that i can access my hardrive when it is unlocked using ftp networking. router and pc with xbox. i have the program on my xbox hardrive to relock the drive but i dont know how i can access it being unlocked... if that kinda clears up my issue

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

The box should boot with the chip enabled regardless of drive lock status.. IF it's actually a chip and not some softmod.

Now as for the disks not reading.. what are you doing.. how are you burning them and what to?

5. blkrose66

blkrose66 Member

i use nero, to burn my stuff i used a program to create xbox files into xbox iso files. i then put those through nero and burn them to a dvd +r disc. but when it is finished and the disc is closed it refuses to read. i may of been able to figure out my xbox ip address i dont know yet. havent tried since i discovered it. i do have a evolution x card. soldered into my mother board. so i know it is hard modded not soft modded. but i am getting the error 5 message. i went into config magic and unlocked the harddrive. later i just shut it off without booting back into the dash board. now i got the message 5. i do not know how to turn my chip on and off i am still a newbie at this granted i have only had it for two months before i learned how to unlock the drive. so i didnt do much exploring before that...

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.