1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i entitled to Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.8

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by orbiter5, Feb 27, 2005.

1. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

I have Nero 6,3,1,25 OEM ultra which I got with my new Philips burner. Would I be entitled to download the reloaded version as a free update? I don't want to just try as I only have a dial-up connection, so it would take me a couple of hours to download it.

TIA

Orbiter

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

OEM versions are special limited offsprings of Nero -- to benefit from the FULL suite of applications in Nero 6 you will be asked to pay a reduced fee . If I remember good it's less then 40$ -- it gives you a new serial number to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2005
  3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes if you download it, it will install & work.
    The serial # you got with your burner will still be 'registered' and your new Nero version will be 6.6.0.8
    Also Nerovision Express 2 SE.
    For $25 bucks you can unlock the full Nero MPEG2 (DVD) codec - it's a pretty good deal if you wish to, say, author compliant DVDs from MPEG4 (AVI) source :)
    Regards

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here's an extract of Nero Website that explains it all !

""1. I have an OEM version of Nero that does not contain all features of Nero 6. What do I do?

As you purchased Nero with a recorder, you have an OEM version that can only be used with that single recorder. OEM versions are limited versions, which do not contain all features. The manufacturer of the recorder decides about the features which will be implemented in the Nero OEM version. That means your version of Nero does not include all features of the full (=retail) version.

If you would like to upgrade to a full version, you need to order an upgrade serial number or upgrade CD. This serial number turns your OEM version into the latest Nero 6 retail release. It also enables you to use up to 4 recorders at the same time. Please visit our Onlineshop for information and pricing.

Important note
    You have to key in your old Nero serial number.
    If you don't have it anymore, please contact us again and tell us how you purchased your previous version of Nero.

5. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Thanks The_OGS for your help & advice. I'll give it a go.

orbiter