1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I stupid?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nightgaze, Jan 19, 2004.

1. nightgaze

nightgaze Guest

How can I burn a proper (s)vcd no matter what, when I play it in my DVD player the screen is cut off...also, I am using nero to encode...so if someone can explain to me how to fix this proplem, or point me to a tutorial I would really apreciate it.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I don"t want to answer that..lol ,Just Kidding,
    Well Firstly Make sure that your DVD Player supports SVCD because the effect you are getting when playing on your DVD player sounds Like the effect you get when your DVD Player soes not suppoer the SVCD Resolution but it also can just be one of the Many problems that come with use the Absolute worst Program ever created for Encodeing your Files to SVCD ,Yes you know what program I mean "NERO" ..It is the Worst VCD/SVCD/DVD Encoder that was ever created and You should stay away from it when it comes to encodeing your files...It is OK for burning your VCD and SVCD Files to CD-R but that is it...Try encodeing your Files to Mpeg2/SVCD with a Real Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc or mainconcept encoder and then Burn them to CD-R with Nero...Cheers