1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am is stuck with this

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jtg80, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jtg80

jtg80 Guest

2 more questions for you guys first i bought some verabtums and the work great however my only problem is that sometimes the audio is a little off kind of like a badly dubbed movie but only by about a split second but still noticeable i use roxio for my burning and im not ripping movies im burning avi's should i use a different program or it ther a quick fix

next question it takes me about 6 to 8 hors to succesfully burn about 90-120 min of avi is there something that can be done here or is it becasue my computer is an older one, its only ap3 i bought it at a state garage sale for $50 bucks but it does everythning i need it to do just this problem with the audio but it isnt all the time id say 1/3 so is there anything i can do or am i stuck with this

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi jtg80, The audio problem you are having is common when converting AVI to dvd. Also the time it takes to do the conversion is very long. You are in the ball park with the time you listed. A faster computer will help just a little but not much. Here is a guide off the forum that may help with some of your problems. I think the audio can be corrected with the proper software. Hope this helps.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

Jerry

3. jtg80

jtg80 Guest

i feel relived to know im doing everything right then however im not the most technical guy i read the guide and kind of got confused when it comes to my audio problem is there a dummy proof guide anywhere and should i switch from roxio to decrypter or stay a flow

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The general opinion is that Roxio is not good for dvd burning. Most members have removed it and replaced it with Nero Ultra. You can download Nero for a 30 day trial period. It is a very good all around burning program.

Jerry

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004