1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing disappearing film!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mit123, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Mit123

Mit123 Member

I have a JMB DVD-3000 stand alone player, a clone of the Orion DVD-2000 I believe.

Earlier on today I played a DVDR that I'd borrowed from a friend, the film played fine until about 30 mins in when everything just froze up.

Now when I put the disk in I just keep getting a no-disc message....

Any ideas anyone????

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Have you tried another dvd? Does it do this only with dvd's or cd's too? Is the DVD clean or scratched up? When you insert the disc does the drive spin up like normal or does it do it quickly and then stop or does it do it at all?

3. Mit123

Mit123 Member

Yes normal DVDs work fine.
    I even tried a different DVD-r from a different source and that works fine also.

The DVD-Rs I'm having problems with are all new to me (theres three of them, two worked to begin with as stated before) and are clean and unscratched.

The drive seems to spin up as normal. It gives the error message at the point when normally it would begin to display the start of a normal film.

I find it particularly frustrating as I managed to get to 2 of the 3 DVD-Rs playing just fine to begin with. The third just kept spinning but not actually working, I had to power down the machine and power back up just to eject it.

I would really appreciate any further help on tis one....