1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Cloud Drive Desktop Tool Problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Pariah, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I'm having a problem with The desktop app for Windows 7 PC. When I try to upload or download, it lets me select the files I want and the folder I want to move them to, but then when I hit upload or download the program just shows me the files I selected but never attempts to move them. They just say waiting and don't show any sign that system is trying to process.

There is a sync folder that also comes with the app. When I put anything there, nothing happens. I put a 14kb file there over a week a go and it still hasn't migrated to my cloud account. I have had this problem nearly 2-weeks and Amazon customer service can't seem to identify the issue, nor can Comcast, my internet provider.

I've been slowly trying to download files from their website, but it is dirt slow and crashes 90% of the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you try it on another computer(not in your house) on the same provider to see if it still has that problem?

3. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I might ask my work if I can use their computer. I know I tried my daughter's PC and it didn't work there either. But both use same router.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, which accomplished nothing.

4. ddp

is that just a router connected to a modem or is it a combo unit?

5. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I think it's a combo unit. I am both wired and wi-fi connected to it. It is then wired to the wall where the internet comes in.

6. ddp

if it had been 2 separate devices then I would have asked you to bypass the router & direct connect to the modem to see if the router was causing the issue as had similar problem about 7yrs ago & it was a router issue.

7. sikosrus

sikosrus Member

maybe antivirus/internet security is blocking upload or download of files? Just a thought