1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amd@ 2ghz fsb vs p4@ 800mhz fsb which is better?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cyepumk, Apr 2, 2005.

1. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

i understand that some amd can go up to 2ghz fsb while pentium can only go as high as 800mhz.does that make amd a far superior cpu?it seems this would be the case. are there other factors involved that doesnt make this true?

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

EDIT> was going to post an article on AMD v Intel...But it was kinda crap so il find somthing better

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. haimback

haimback Regular member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  4. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

that is what iwas going to say.i wasnt refering to cpus that arent even on the market yet.and by the way, what is the actual fsb speed of the fastest amd (on the market).i think i misinterpreted this from a specs listing on amd.it was listed as 2000mhz.(and yes it was front side bus speed not cpu speed)
    damn if that article wasnt long,drawn-out,and confusing as hell.i think i might have learned something, i just need time to figure out what it was.

5. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

the article wasnt that bad.it was just more information than anormal person can handle.experts could get alot out of that article.as for the second article,it was more a chat room about the topic that tended to get off the subject and had about 60+ pages, mostly of people joking with one another.i like to talk and joke too,but im looking for a straight comparison between the two types of cpus.the first article had good comparison charts at the end of the article,you just have to skip a bunch of pages of non-stop rambling.a saw the results for amd 3200 xp and it looked descent as did amd 64 and p4 3.2.the amd fx-51 and p4 extreme did the best,but they arent even on the market yet.and cost as much as a whole computer.and by the way,the p4 extreme is really a p4 xeon with a p4 extreme label.there was no final ranking to look at so you would have to calculate the results yourself.the p4 held it ground mostly in part to the fact that alot a software was designed specifically for pentium processors (their hyperthreading vs. amds hyper transport).so if software was written for amd and compared to p4 using their soft ware would be a better test.but who is going to write software for amd.intel is a spoiled brat that always gets its way.