1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by TY4ever, Apr 8, 2007.

1. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Hi!I don't know if this has been asked before but can anyone tell me what is the equivalent of the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ in terms of a pentium processor?

And which one would you chose to go with(the AMD one or the pentium one which is equivalent to it)?

Is it much better than the pentium 4 LGA775 3.0Mhz cedar mill(631),because that's the one i'm running with actually,so if i have to change processor i want to make sure that it will be much better and quicker than the one i actually have.Right now i can't really afford to go with the core 2 duo,that's the reason i'm looking for something more in my range.

Thanks.

Vincent.

2. AXT

AXT Guest

the 5000+ is more or less equal to the core2duo E6400. AMD also has the 5200+, you might want to check that out.

prices on newegg:

5000+: $170 and $215
    5200+: $193

I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU WAIT UNTIL APRIL 22 OR LATER AND BUY A REVISED CORE2DUO. INTEL IS ALSO PLANNING TO SLASH PRICES ON EXISTING PROCESSORS YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET A E6600 FOR A CHEAPER PRICE.