1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An App to control my kids apps on Galaxy 2

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by scobie59, Oct 20, 2013.

1. scobie59

scobie59 Member

I'm new to Tab's. I want my kids to use educational android apps more. I need an app that will only allow them to play games app's (with a time restriction) after they have completed a set task on an educational app. e.g. 10 mins Maths practice. for 15 mins of games. Thanks.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Sorry nothing like that i can fully understand what you want to do but you can do a parental control and block m rated titles which would basically prevent your kids from playing non educational titles but consider this as a warning your kids will eventually figure out how to bypass the parental controls and still run m rated non educational titles

so really it's up to you to control the apps on android

3. scobie59

scobie59 Member

Thanks for the reply. In some ways it's good there isn't a control app' like I've described. Since I've posted the original question I've had to monitor and regulate my kids educational/entertainment app's closely. It's made me much more aware of what they need educationally whilst keeping me abreast of their fledgling surfing habits.

Thanks again.

4. BadWolf72

BadWolf72 Newbie

This is not something I personally would use, but I did a quick google search for "Parental control for Android" and came up with a few hits, including this one called "Kids Place" which is rated quite high. You basically whitelist apps and can set a timer as well before it locks requiring a password to be entered. Check it out on the Play Store, but I'm sure that there's others around that will perform similar tasks.

5. scobie59

scobie59 Member

6. torikul

torikul Newbie

Here is an app that allows to control on apps, Web browsing and monitoring on your kid's device. Funamo Parental Control is very useful app and many other peoples using this app and it is top rated app on Android market. Also I've been using an app called AppLock that is also a powerful tool app to lock apps on phone/device.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015