1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An OS section.

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Phantom69, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i was just browsing through the linux section nd it seems the majority of posts are regarding "which linux distribution should i choose" then it came to mind, what if the site had an operating systems section, similar to the current hardwar section setup. it would be great, having the ability to submit new found operating systems (particularly linux) and also allowing for people to submit common problems and workarounds for different issues in a centralised space. if that makes any sense.

just a thought.

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Just a thought to add to this. Vista is new and I am reading that not many know as much about it as XP. This is understandable. I don't know that OS very well. Anyway here is my thought.

Lets say you have the Hardware section like it is but add a section for just Vista, the above mentioned Linux and anyother OS that has a dramatic difference from other OS. (Ex win 2000 and xp allthough not exactly the same have mny similarities so they dont need special sections)

It would seem to me that the users of new and different OS would find help faster if readers did not have to sift though the normal way. That way the poster would not have to pray a reader would stumble across their post that has direct relation to thier OS. IT would already be sorted and the reader would be looking at that OS issues instead of many others at once thus getting help to the poster faster.

-Del

3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

I suppose The Best Setup Would Be:
    this would pretty much cover every operating System, it would definitely be useful for many, and in the forums covering multiple OS's (eg:/ Linux GNOME would handle many distributions) have the distribution name and then the thread title...

eg:/
    that way it makes it relatively easier to select which topics a user may be experienced with.

just my two cents.

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Yes very much like that but in a way to add them to current format of the site. Too much change at once can cause to much temproary confusion.

-Del

5. 56delray

56delray Regular member

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

well it was a good idea.

-Del