1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An SDK appraoch to this

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pk900, Feb 1, 2007.

1. pk900

pk900 Member

Hi,

Wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

Im trying to write convert an AVI to DVD programatically, mostlikely in C++/.Net

Initially, I thought, fine OK, i will use the Nero Vision SDK and all will be fine - except, it seems to be plagued with all manner of bugs with little or no support on their forums to questions.

The stages I guess I need to achieve are

(1)Encode/transcode the AVI to MPEG2
    (2)Make a video_ts directory containing the VOB
    (3)Burn a Video disk from this directory.

Can anyone suggest any APIs/SDKs that will perform the first 2 steps?

I think I can achieve the 3rd step with the Nero API, but thats still to be verified. The main reason for doing it programatically, is the basically the requirement for a one click solution for an AVI->DVD. Yeah I know better results are had from going through proper packages and stuff, but thats out of my hands!

Anyway, any suggested SDKs or code librarys will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You're unlikely to find libraries for very many programs to do what you want. Generally one-click video and audio front ends simply use other programs command line interfaces for automation. Nero, obviously, is a notable exception, but it is an exception.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007