1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

analogue input -- edit --- DVD/analogue output??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by MrButter, Jan 10, 2005.

1. MrButter

MrButter Member

Hi,

Total newbie question....

I want to edit footage from VHS tapes (no more than 30mins for each project). I have access to basic image capture (via Matrox G450 eTV card), but havent got the software yet. Aswell as basic editing, I will need the capabilty to mask/pixelate/censor faces as some of the footage needs to comply with data protection legal requirements.

I have researched some products, but dont have the knowlegde to make an informed choice. Pinacle MovieBox, doesnt seem up to it and I can tell if Adobe Premier Pro has the functionality I'm after. I assume I will need alot of memory and a decent capture card???

Any advice much appreciated

Regards

Butter

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You will be able to Do this Type of Editing with Premier pro with an effects Package of some sort and the Matrox G450 TV Card is a very Old Capture device that i believe captures to Mjpeg Format and it isn"t even WinXP Compatible from what I remember.....

I would suggest if you want to get the Very Best captures that you get a Capture device Like a Canopus ADVC-100 or a Canopus ACEDVio as they are some of the Best professinal Quality Capture devices available and they are Reasonably Priced compared to other Professinal capture devices Like the Matrox RT X100 or the Pinnacle DV500 which will Both Run you Up to and Over $1000 were something like the Canopus ADVC-100 will run you about $250 and Produce simular Quality captures as the more expensive Cards....

These Canopus Devices Capture Directly to DV AVI format at the Highest Possible Quality and have an Audio Lock feature that eliminates any chance of Sync problems which is a Common problem with Analogue Capture devices.....

To Run Adobe Premier Pro in an Efficient way you should have at least a 2.5ghz P-4 system but 3.0ghz is recomended and with at least 512mb DDR Ram but 1gb would be Ideal....If you need to Upgrade your PC let me Know and I"ll send you some Links were you can get Parts for a good Price compared to what they are at your Local Computer store....

Cheers