1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

andriod tvbox

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by paulie57, Jan 22, 2015.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

your welcome jason . if you need any help install the repos and addons etc just ask and im happy to help .

also in this same section i have a android box tutorial the first posts in there should help you a lot and you can of course post any questions you have there also if you wish . i know it can look very complicated at first but trust me once you have installed a one or two repos and addons it will start look a lot easier . and you have some good guys here like paulie and tongs and myself etc that can probably help you with most things , so you will be alright .

2. piopat

piopat Active member

wow i just glanced at my profile picture and i saw that come tomorrow ill be a member here on afterdawn 8 years ,doesnt time fly lol .

3. Jason1610

Jason1610 Newbie

Thanks again piopat I do really appreciate it .

8 years is a long time my friend well done.

4. sal110960

sal110960 Member

Hello,

Can't find how to PM you other than this so hope you get it. I will be as concise as I can.
    MX Pro box connecting to old CRT TV connected using cable supplied, ensured broadband connection using Ethernet cable. Selected AV on TV, all I have is snow with what could be the android homepage logo but no matter whatI do, I cannot clear it up.I have now sprayed some electronic switch cleaner down the AV sockets & will check again tomorrow.Should this not work, do you have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Stuart Lomas

5. piopat

piopat Active member

as your tv is obviously an older tv maybe the connections on it are not the correct or suitable ones for the box . the supplied cables are usually either a hdmi cable or a version of a composite cable in some cases you may get both . i doubt your tv has a hdmi connection if so that rules out using the hdmi cable unless perhaps you can get a hdmi to scart adaptor .

the composite cable for these boxes is usually a sort of jack plug connection on one end (this connects to the tv ) and the other end is three connections one yellow , one white , one red .now if your tv has the same three color connections then in theory atleast the box should display on the tv . i say in theory because the tv still has to be able to display the sort of signal that the box sends .

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Yep piopats on the right track , if you have no hdmi slot on tv , then you can get hdmi to scart cable have seen this work on older tv models with no hdmi input , ands works ok , there are composite cables supplied with the boxes but I've never tried them , scart too hdmi probly the better option