1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android 2.2 vs iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by TodStarrr, Sep 9, 2010.

1. TodStarrr

TodStarrr Guest

I’ve spent some time reading about both the Android 2.2 (Froyo) and the iOS 4.1 update recently. Although it’s a pretty close race, looking at a side-by-side comparison of the two leads me to believe that Android is actually winning by a nose.

One of the main problems that were holding the older versions of Android back was their issues with speed. This problem has now been solved with changes that give the OS a 2x to 5x times performance boost which is epic, and there are even rumors that Google is just being modest and that the speed boost is more like 4x-5x. Can’t understand why people are still freaking out about the iPhone 4?

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Welcome to the club...I think it is just a trendy thing, with a bit of user loyalty from people who have never bothered to realize that they have no reason to by loyal to a company that treats them so terribly. The iPhone4 still has the antenna and screen issues it launched with, but no one seems to mind. It also has the same software issues that it had with iOS4.0; in that good software is always blocked by apple in order to push something inferior that they charge for. In spite of all these things, iPhone users continue to claim that the device is the greatest thing ever because, well...they don't actually give reasons, they are just convinced that apple is perfect and therefor their devices are the best.

Because of all this, the iPhone4 is still on backorder...and if you paid $200, signed a 2-year contract, and then waited 2 months to get the phone, you don't want to look stupid by actually admitting that a used android phone would have been better.

3. vinzon

vinzon Member

Apple is really good in marketing. Making people want their over price phones even though some phones out there are at par or even better at a cheaper price.

Wehn I went to HK last month, you can hardly see an iPhone4 for sale. You need to spend time to look and find where to buy because like you said its in back order.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Android has overtaken iOS in quality, in spite of Google's attempts to sink their own ship.

Apple has a netflix app...that is about the only thing that apple does better than android...and it won't be long before we see an Android version of this app. Once that happens, Android will be equal or better in every way.

I think even the most clueless trend followers are starting to wake up to the realities of Apple. Soon these sheep will be moving to Android, Google will start screwing them, and then it is only a matter of time before we see the next "open" mobile OS.

5. vinzon

vinzon Member

Yeah but for the meantime let's enjoy Android

6. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Go with Android. Like many users here have just said, iPhone is overpriced, and lacks many features that almost all Android phones offer; removable battery, expandable memory (microSD), lower price and higher performance, flash (majority of games and videos online use flash). Also Android can play a lot more media formats than iPhone, no need to convert your files. Apps are pointless, I would say 99% of Apps out there are just pointless/useless, yet if your into that kind of thing, android has A LOT of apps, and a lot more productivity/usefull apps than apple offers.

Also, Gingerbread (Android 2.3) is just around the corner, it might even come out tomorrow, and it offers a lot of noteworthy updates. Android 3.0 will initially be made for tablets and the like, but expect Android 2.3 to be great.

7. Geeks

Geeks Member

It's the strong influences of the Social Media. iPhone is a great phone, but this post shows that it is pretty much identical to some Android phones and their OS's. Apple has won its customers through great advertisements.

People who have never owned another phone besides their precious iPhones have no right to say that their phone is superior than another phone that they have never even touched before.

8. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I have been using Android for almost 2 years now. I'm not sure if its the OS or the phone itself, but lately it's been slow and no the phone isn't rooted or overclocked. For the past six months I've had to do a lot of hard resets and it will be fine for a few days and then go slow again. I have the Motorola Droid and I just can't part with it mainly because most of the qwerty models are being phased out for touch keys. The only downside I see with the Iphone is the lack of flash. IMO, without it, it's pretty useless with sites and games that need flash. Since Jobs messed with Adobe, all it is nice case with crappy interior. I have an ipad and it's good at some things and sucks at others. Mainly flash and lack of use with office. LOL