1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

android tv box with audio passthrough

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by rogerb1968, Dec 12, 2018.

1. rogerb1968

rogerb1968 Newbie

hi all
    does any one know if the cheap android media boxes available on eBay support audio passthrough to av receiver properly? I recently purchased a h96 pro 4gb 64k box which seems not to , all I get is 2.0 pcm despite the source being its master audio 7.1 , I have an older tx3 mini which works perfectly just looking to upgrade it to a faster box.

thanks in advance

2. mousedroid

mousedroid Newbie

i got my q+ box to play to my 6.1 supported onkyo reciever via optical/spdif but only using the default player that comes with the build update (wireless update is the app i use to update my device) and i've notcied some videos the dolby surround format won't process or the video won't even play meanwhile my blu ray movies i have that have dts-hd come through perfectly in discrete 6.1, dobly-ex, matrix 6.1. But i could only play the files through the device pane of the file manager app located on my homescreen. My blu rays play smooth off my external and look great and knowing theres no fans making any noise its perfect for quiet scenes. Sadly if i check off passthrough in the sound options from the home screen it will by default go back to hdmi passthrough but i'm going out via spdif so i'll have to change it every time i wanna watch something through my reciever but that takes 2 seconds to do. I also wanna listen to music and not need to have my tv on as it has a slight slight buzz sound and i want my music to not get cut off if the tv gets shut off. I also noticed my external spin drives where spinning out and not staying connected making the android os hang. So i rummaged out a slighly higher voltages AC adapter and that made the drives spin perfectly and no sputtering noises of failure. Now she's purring like a beast.