1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by bobeey3k, Oct 25, 2013.

1. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

I held in the reset botton as suggested and plugged in the power but the box refueses to power up whilst the reset button is pressed in. When I let go the reset button there is no life in the box, so I have to pull the power cable out and replug the power to get the box to boot up.
    I have the files now saved to an SD card but I am still not getting the recovery mode. Any idea what Im doing wrong. Do I need to backup the files first before the box will go into the recovery mode.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you hold the button and then plug in and keep it held it should go to recovery mode, Have done loads like this and not one has never done it,

3. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Hi Mickah, thanks for your patience, I have tried the method exactly as you describe but not having any luck.
    I unplug the power, press in the reset button and hold it while the power is plugged back in. I keep the reset button held expecting the android logo to appear but it never shows, infact there is no life in the box for as long as the reset button is kept pressed. When I eventually let it, the reset button, go the box does not come on. I have to uplug the power cable and replug it to get it to reboot.
    Just for interest this is my second box as the first one was updated as you describe. It worked quite happily for a month or so then bricked up. This one is a replacement with the the original firmware and the same issues.
    I am tempted to just leave it but the movie playback buggers up the settings every time, so it is pain. Any work around would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I dont know mate as mine have all worked no problem, done a few over the weekend and all working fine, loaded the Geniatech firmware listed above to them, I did have one the weekend that just died on me, literally, loaded the firmware and working away, then no power, unplug it and left it for a few mins and plugged in, it worked for about 10 mins, then no power, seems to be a fault in this one, its when its working for a few mins it just goes, so its going back to be replaced,

You could read through this and see if there is anything there that may help
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sum...-android-4-1-2-mkv-usb-network-player-1545480

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

just opened mine today to have a play,no flash card with contents ,i have a 4gb tdk here so not stuck yet,is the memory card only used for flashing box so needs to be removed when done or box uses it other ways?

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

struggling here also 2 files only on sd card and both img and for some strange reason i cant see them on the img updater.both files are still in zip but renamed as img.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

format the drive and then lob the files on and see if the box picks them up,

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

2 files are showing disc image and the first file loaded but box did not reboot itself,i used reboot now,went into to load second file and it aborted lol

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you load the both files together, the SPI one first and then the other and then reboot the box once loaded

10. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

Does the box have Bluetooth capability and if so how does one turn it on. I have tried turning it on from the settings option but it just hangs. It says turning on Bluetooth but nothing happens. Is this a fault with the box?
    By the way Mickah I am still not able to upgarde the firmware despite trying everything. I read through every post in that link you posted but coudn't find anybody else having similar issue.

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Did you put a bluetooth dongle into the box?

If you cant upgrade then to me, this is a fault with the box and needs to go back, i had one like this, upgraded but the box just shut off after a few mins, leave it for 10 mins turn it on and worked and then went off again, faulty box

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

ha i bet you wish this thread never started, android boxes have basically the same layout as an android phone, a phone has built in bluetooth, the box (i think ) does not, and upgrading firmware is pretty simple if you read and make sure you load correct firmware

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Regrets, I've had a few, But then again, too few to mention, I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption, I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway, And more, much more than this, I did it my way ha ha,

Yeah no built in bluetooth but the option is there should you need it, it has DLNA so you can use your phone or other DLNA devices to send to, you can use your PC also to stream from to the box, aint bothered myself, as there wealth of stuff on it via XBMC and Navi X dont need to store anymore!

But that box sounds like its faulty, takes 2 mins to flash the boxs but if you cant get the recovery menu up, then that points to a fault somewhere

14. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

So basically if I can't get the recovery menu up then it is hardware faulty. If I state this to the supplier do you think he will accept it as fault and replace the box.
    I already sent one back because it bricked up and this a replacement for the original.

15. cactikid

cactikid Active member

still not working and get file aborted,your post says say rename from zip to image,is it just deleting the zip and replacing it with img or altering on pc from zip to a disc image,all this is new to me lol

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

If you can get into the menu then something is not right, I have done loads of these boxa and you should be getting into the set up menu as par for the course, if its not letting you get this far then this is a problem

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you just rename the files from forexample.zip to forexample.img and the icon will change to a img file and the load onto the SD card and hold the reset button on the back and then power on the box by inserting then power lead into the back, hold this until the android man comes on screen and continue to hold it in until you are brought to the menu for resetting etc, you select upgrade from the list and select the files in the order I mentioned

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well i get mine at christmas, had no trouble loading fw on cyclone nano but this one looks like its hit and miss, if you resolve problems chaps could you update this thread as i may have same issues

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

When you say converted on the PC what are you doing with the files, why you converting files? wipe the box as in factory reset the box via the Recovery menu, load the SPI files onto the card, just rename them from a ZIP file to IMG try it again, not sure what ure doing I havent had one issue loading files on these,

if the box dont see them on ure SD card, pop them onto a USB and try that and if it see's them then try flash it as per the instructions

Put the files on an SD card and rename the .zip to .img

Unplug the cyclone, hold down the reset button on the back with a cocktail stick or whatever !
    Plug in and power on the unit.

It'll go into recovery. Choose the SPI file first. Install it then choose the MX file.