1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by bobeey3k, Oct 25, 2013.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

somebody suggested i had to change the format from a zip to a disc icon,but the strange thing is the files that are renamed cannot be seen,will try what you said again cheers m8.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

its just a rename, you dont change any formats or convert, change the externsion

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well having a play with mine now and files wont show up in recovery mode update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img are these the correct files?

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

not got any further as i passed the box for someone else to check and forgot the remote lol,hopefully back this week.i wondered if we had different boxes hence my link to mine,it like the great old starview boxes lol.

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

its the same as mine, trying a different sd card if that dont work i'll just install xbmc on the cyclone firmware and see how bad it is

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

xbmc is working fine on sumision firmware for now albeit a bit of buffering at the start

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

mick said to try a usb stick also,have plenty of them.

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

tried usb stick, same problem wouldnt show the files on recovery meny, and it only saw 1 file on the upgrade option on the box, anyway it seems to be working fine on the sumivision fw

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I had one like this on the weekend, put the files on the SD card and they wouldnt show, so what I done was formatted a USB stick and the SD card, threw both files onto them both and when I went into the recovery screen, they showed up on the USB stick and not the SD card for some reason, strange, got the box done and flashed, but it seems the box can be hit and miss with how it reads a SD card or a USB,

@cacti, yeah I head about that alright ha ha, box and no remote!

10. younglad

younglad Member

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to watch the i players from the uk when in ireland?

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

on which?

12. younglad

younglad Member

Its on one of the android boxes, I was just wondering if a good vpn client is worth using for the proper channel players or would you just use the other apps on it?

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well mine lasted long, turned it on just now, screen stuck on little adroid dude wont boot up, cant access recovery menu,looks like its going back and probably be 2014 when i get replacement! ARSE

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

finally got box flashed thank to me m8,now to find out how to use it and the wireless keyboard lol.

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Tongs, did you try the recover menu? try it and try flash the box it the Geniatech firmware, sounds like a bad box mate,only ever had one and the rest work fine

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Sure did mick, tried to flash with ginia first, box wasnt picking it up in recovery or the upgrade option so gave up on that and just installed xbmc on the sumivision firmware, ran ok apart from hd, turned box on few days later and nothing, wouldnt boot past the android fella, unplugged power held reset button in and plugged back in, still the green fella, its knackered mate, there picking it up today

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I wonder if thats why you cant or couldnt flash the box with the geniatech firmware in the first place, the box was faulty, like I say I had one like this, wouldnt pick up the firmware and when it did it shut the box off after a few mins etc, got it replaced, the other poster sounds like his is the same,

what I will do, if I can, is copy my set up and when you get your new box back, stick the Geniatech on it and then lob my set up on it, you wont have to do anything else then, all the addons, apps and setting such as sound, pic etc, will be all done!

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

nice one mate, like i say it was running ok on the sumivision fw sorted out the proxies foe 1channel had it all going it just died on me, heard that the sumivision fw is cack for hd channels which i did find, so looks like i need the geniatech fw lobbed on

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yeah the Sumvision is muck, glitchy, no proper sound pass through, the latest Geniatech is spot on, plays everything I lob at it and streams perfect, I did have a problem with the cache, but I loaded a advanced config file and works perfect, have done a load of them now for family and they are all working perfect!

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i think that 1 channel is giving problems to everyone and not to use it,even crashes the vu boxes.
    back to that sd card it was new but unsure if i did a format to fat32 first?