1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by bobeey3k, Oct 25, 2013.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

phew giniatech loaded. thats all for today folks

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

ahhhh this is spot on now :)

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

So you up and running? All good?

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah mate, had loads of chew as you can see lol. if anyone has any problems this is how i did it, put both files on an SD card renamed .zip to img. Now the first problem i had was that little sucker would not read the files whether they were on SD card or flash stick via recovery menu, So i used the upgrade option on the app screen, This only brought the SPI file up so i thought oh well il flash with SPI file and then hopefully I will see the larger file......No such luck, So factory reset box. Did some digging aboutand read in order to see both files via the upgrade page you need to press the context button on the remote about 8 times (infact it was about 20 times for me). so away i went and yey i see both files, Flashed the SPI box rebooted went back to upgrade pressed that button loads of times again and then flashed the larger file, box rebooted and just hung on the boot screen, i thought great another one bites the dust but this time could enter the recovery menu, Factory reset box, box rebooted and still hung on the droid dude, cleared cache in recovery, factory reset again.....droid dude hanging. Searched around for sumivision x2 image reflashed box and got it back to stock (weird thing is it would see the sumivision image VIA recovery...... anyway box was back to stock, Went through same process of loading both files again using the upgrade app and that frigging button and voila, giniatech firmware was on. after that installed fusion and all the rest and it was all straight forward. 1080p hd films even 3d playing "sound as a pound". Happy days :) want one for the bedroom now

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Jesus thats some battling!! Here is one for the books, turned on the box today and it started to install, like it was brand new box, never used etc, turned it off and back on stil the same, so as i backed up my settings on a stick, re flashed the box with firmware and lobbed my settings on and worked, have seen one or two boxs do this, its like the box loses its settings entirely and starts like its a new box, not sure if its a corrupt file or the back aint locating the settings on its drive, why I aint got a clue! so i scrubbed the whole thing and reinstalled everything fresh and backed it up, in case it was an addon corrupting the XBMC working fine and smooth now

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

have you got 1channel working on this? i cant ad the proxy? everything else working

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yeah 1chan works for me as i am in ireland, what happened in the UK didnt effect us, you need to go into the settings for 1chan, so highlight the addon, press button on the remote where it says OK in the middle under that is button with 3 lines on it, press this and then select settings or you can do it via the settings in 1chan, you can change the addon to use the proxy built into it

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah i know that button alright lol

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you got them settings that you backed up mate? mines working fine, 1channel must be down as ive managed to input the proxy, just dont know how to save settings and transfer them etc at the moment, neat box i like it lots, its just gonna take some tinkering getting everything to play, solar movies etc are bringing nothing up

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

getting some buffering issues here chaps what xml are you all using?

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

hard wired it and now spot on

12. sajbyjaan

sajbyjaan Member

I have tried 0cache.xml, Mickey1234 and Tuxens but all have buffering issues when streaming HD movies especially with 5.1 DTS sound. Interestingly I have also tried all these settings on my desktop PC and get the same buffering problems so I think it may be the source server.

Also to get the solar movies to work you need to go into its settings and force it use custom proxy. Save settings and restart to see if that works. It works fine for me.

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

thanks mate yeah ive used all xml ( mickeys isnt there for me), now on tuxens and that was buffering but now hard wired its great, and the problems ony happened while streaming 1080p HD films but like i say ok now and as you say sometimes will be server side, but to be honest streaming 1080p movies straight to that box with just internet is genius and so i guess a little buffering is to be expected, Kids watched monsters university 1080p once hard wired and not one buffer :), and i will try the solar fix, still can't get 1channel to work here in the uk even with the proxy I hear its blocked fully for boxes but can access it on a pc/lappy

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Just on using those XML files, the 0 cache will max out the box memory and may cause it to kick you out of XBMC, this is really for a PC rathur than a box like this, I use mikeys and hard wired and works fine, larger files will buffer at the start,

the 1chan app you need to play around with the settings, you can choose the site which is proxied, i dont as we are ok over here, in the fixes section of the wizard there are fixes there also for called 1chan proxifier etc

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

tried all fixes for 1channel, still getting nothing, think its still down over here

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

now you can go to hidemyass and get a free one perhaps

I use that for the BBC player and ITV player, load the proxy in and they work over here, could be worth looking at it perhaps, but the ISTREAM and Mashup have a good lot of stuff on them

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

was unsure who was blocking it and found this?
    Code:
    http://unblocksit.es/unblock/1channel.ch/

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Im at work now but May give that a bash tomorrow and yeah as mick says there is plenty on mashup but i just want 1channel to work coz its a big ol thing. Happy with what i have but Im greedy. Even noticed you can get sky sports and bt sports on the box via navi x

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

And mash sports mate and KLm5 also both in Mash up in the sports section! they added a new section with the top 300 films and more and more!

I know in the 1chan settings there are various proxys u can change and domains also or if you can add in a manual one it should work, all the developers are now building in proxys to their addons to by pass the probs

But all this can be found on the Istream addon also, TV etc

20. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014