1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying backup problem :(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by FincH-, Apr 26, 2005.

1. FincH-

FincH- Member

Hi.

Finaly managed to backup some of my games with help from a friend, and inserted NFSU2 which loaded and worked fine, although was a little slow, but worked none the less.

Then put in my backup of Doom 3 and it loaded the intros but vry slow and I couldn't skip the intros, then after them, instead of loading the menus it just goes dark (the screen that is) whereas when I put my original copy in, it works fine. The same for Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, but I even managed to view my profile, then it was loading and just stayed loading.

The original copies work, so any idea why my backups don't? I'm using Datawrite Titanium DvD-R's if that is any help.

Thanks.

2. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

With Doom 3, try taking out the video entitled "attract.bik" or something to that extent. I haven't tried to back-up Brothers In Arms, as I have it for PC.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Try slowing down your burn speed. If thats a no-go, try different media. Also make sure you have the most recent BIOS for your chip.

But sounds to me like it's your media. Originals play fine, so I'd rule out your DVD-ROM.

4. FincH-

FincH- Member

Cheers for the replys.

Surely if it was the media, none of it would work? Whhy would only some games work but it loads up other games only slighty?

5. ste4578

ste4578 Member

wt u on bout recent bios??? i hav a crap old 1 n it plays ALL!!!!!!! backups. member my booty!