1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Blur with my HD television

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by thecursor, Dec 29, 2009.

1. thecursor

thecursor Member

Hey,
    This christmas i got an LG TV...it is HD ready so i came to this part of the forums

it is the 19LG3100 I THINK...in case you need to know it is LCD...im not too sure what that means but W/E

so when im watching a movie with my Philips DVD player (DVP3310)(got that for xmas too lol! :) ) i get this annoying blur in the image...this mostly happens when there is a lot of motion in the thing being played...the first time i saw this happen was when i was watching harry potter 6 (also got for xmas), after the part where he lands at the weasleys place and he starts walking to the house, his face goes all blurry and it leaves a long blurry trail...it sometimes does this with my PS2 fat...especially in GTA san andreas when im swimming in the water...

does this happen because i do not have any special cables/connections/components? or because my PS2+DVD player are not HD ready? please help

thnx!

P.S. im not one of them harry potter fanatics, i just like the movies XD

2. thecursor

thecursor Member

if your not too sure about what the TV have a look at what i have copied and pasted

(My source of information)

Specifications

Aspect Ratio> 16:9

Auto Install> Yes

Brand> LG

Brightness> 300 cd/m2

Built-in Freeview> Yes

CI Slot> Yes

Colour> Black

Component> Input 1

Component Video Connection> Yes

Contrast Ratio> 8,000:1

Digital> Yes

Flat Screen> Yes

HD Ready> Yes

Headphone Socket> Yes

No of HDMI Connections> 1

On Power Watts> 40w

On Screen TV Guide> 8 Day Electronic TV guide

Optical Out> Yes

Parental Lock> Yes

PC Input> Yes

Picture Enhancement Engine> Yes

Picture Frequency> 50Hz

Remote Control> Yes

Resolution> 1366 x 768 pixels

RGB Enabled Scart Sockets> 1

Scart Sockets> 2

Screensize> 19"

Sleep Timer> Yes

Sound System> SRS TruSurround

Stand Included> Yes

Standby Power in Watts> Under 1W

Teletext> Yes

True 24P Cinema Playback> Yes

Type> LCD

Vesa> 100 x 100

VGA Socket> Yes

Wall Mountable> Yes

Weight Kg With Tabletop Stand> 5 kg

Weight Kg Without Tabletop Stand> 4.8 kg

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

hd ready don't mean full hd .. in fact lots of these earlier lcd sets are being sold off cheap because when it comes to stuff like motion blur they are just bad.. I rarely see a plasma or an lcd that looks as good as a 30 year old (in good condition) crt colour display.. they ALL have some artifacting or smearing or burn in that is substandard to my well trained (and worn out) crt era tv engineer eyes. In fact the only ones I have seen that consistently impress me are the samsungs.. but I wouldn't give them 2 years in 18 hours a day use.. unlike my 23 year old tatung crt box. These lcd especially look to me like a well worn mid 70's delta that is getting a little tired and frayed at the edges. Overall.. I'm not impressed at all by this new display technology.. it has a long way to go before it comes close to the clarity of a well set up mid 80's inline 26" crt display.

I would take it back as unsatisfactory. It sounds faulty to me.. or at least unfit for purpose.

4. thecursor

thecursor Member

so...its not a good tv?

5. thecursor

thecursor Member

you see i would feel a bit bad if i had to return it, because my mum spent quite a lot of money on it, and she really wanted it to be a special gift for me, since every television set a have hat in myt life would be from the 70's-90's.....i mean it doesnt bother me too much it's just that it gets annoying when watching a movie....

when you say that HD ready isnt full HD, well, how would you make it full HD?

6. thecursor

thecursor Member

7. scum101

scum101 Guest

hello..
    the more money spent the more reason to return it as substandard.. honest.. if it's shop new then it's faulty.. simple as.. full replacement is what they are obliged to do unless they can prove it works... and that actually means under your specified criteria.. which is watching some dvd's I take it.. take them disks to the shop with the tv and make them prove the tv will display them properly.. if not.. replacement which does or money back.. it's that simple.

tell your mom what I said.. I bet she says something like "f-in right..if it don't work get it exchanged"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009